Friday 12 November 2010

Busy, busy, busy

I've been ever so busy again the last few days with my black thread. I've finished the woodland scene for My favourite little quilt swap on flickr and have only got to bind it now! Hopefully it will be to somebody's taste as people have to vote for their favourite and I'd hate to think of it being the billy-no-mates at the bottom of the pile :(

Hopefully you can get the general idea of how this looks in real life. The light is still totally duff here. I'm thinking I may need to get up earlier in the day to catch some of the rays for photographs....nah, stupid idea!

I have also been very honoured to test out 2 embroidery patterns for Michele (Delightful Disarray on flickr). True to form I was in a hurry to get them done so I did them on the sewing machine in my current favourite black thread. The first one I did was a tricycle. I stitched it on a scrap of Nicey Jane fabric and I'm so pleased with how it turned out.

The second pattern is a cute little girl in the rain. I decided to add a spot of colour to this one so hand stitched the rain, puddles and detailing on her coat. I thought she would look cute on Bliss and I'm now deciding how best to incorporate her into something larger.

I'd like to thank Michele for allowing me to experiment with her patterns and if you'd like to have a go yourself you can find them in Michele's Etsy Shop.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't you been busy? I'm sure your cute woodland scene won't be bottom of the pile! Love your freehand embroidery too. You've definitely got it nailed haven't you? and those patterns are fab. :)
    You know, you can catch the light for your pics if you get up before 1pm occasionally. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've heard but that just sounds like a stupid rumour to me ;)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.