Tuesday 9 November 2010

Progress...

I've been glad of the distraction of sewing this week and it's only Tuesday! I've totally over-committed myself to loads of stuff on flickr and I'm loving it :)

I thought I'd let you see how I've been getting on with the Babette blanket and the woodland scene I started last week. I've been really surprised how quickly the Babette blanket has been coming together in my inexperienced crochet hands (if there is such a thing). I'm afraid you'll have to excuse the rather unimaginative photography...it's too blooming cold to go faffing around outside looking for interesting vistas!

I'm really pleased with how it is looking and I'm hoping I don't run out of wool. True to form I didn't check pattern requirements before purchasing the wool so I'll be crossing my fingers.

The woodland scene is also taking shape nicely. I'm totally loving free-hand machine embroidering things at the moment and love the new dimension it adds to the applique. It also fits in with my need to complete projects quickly before I get bored :)

So this is how it's looking. What do you think? I love to hear your comments so don't be shy :)

4 comments:

  1. Wow haven't you been busy? Love them both! The crochet is coming along really quickly isn't it? Although I'm wondering how you are managing to crochet with your fingers crossed! :) I love the originality of the woodland scene too. Maybe a story about it would be a good project for a certain person? I'd love to see it on the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have. It's not easy I'll tell you :) You've thrown down the gauntlet and I think she will accept :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh you two are cryptic. "maybe a story about it would be a good project for a certain person" ... "you've thrown down the gauntlet and I think she will accept" ... nearly as frustrating as knowing that Matt had a family story in his head when he sand "the first time ever I saw your face" and not knowing what the story was. Yes, it is too foul to take outdoor pics but tomorrow is going to be sunny. Yesterday there was snow a few miles north of me in Buxton. BTW, the machine embroidery n all that is wonderful - your skills are developing before my very eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, you do make me giggle. It's really not that exciting. I've recently started home-schooling my 13 year old daughter so I'm forever looking for projects to keep her occupied. I might let her do a guest spot on here if she does a good job on the project :) Snow...yikes! Thank you, I am starting to feel more confident in my skills...ish :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.