Friday 5 November 2010

This may take some time

I've definitely confirmed that I am not of sound mind :) I saw this amazing quilt on flickr and thought "Wow". On closer inspection this fabulous quilt is crocheted! I completely love it so in my 'wisdom' I've decided to make one. I searched the internet for a pattern and came upon this one, called the Babette blanket, which is fairly similar. Now, I am relatively new to crochet and this is a mammoth task so I've decided to let my online friends know that I'm going to tackle this project so that I have proper motivation to keep going and not assign this project to a dusty corner. I've done one very large square and 2 little ones so far, only 123 squares to go :)

I've also joined another swap on flickr called My favourite little quilt swap hosted by Kendra. I've made a start on a little woodland scene for my offering. Not sure how it will look when it's finished yet but hopefully someone will like it. Here's a rather dodgy taster pic.



4 comments:

  1. Well done to you for taking on such a big project! The first three squares look great. I'd like mine in shades of pink please, I'm prepared to wait until I'm seventy five but no longer! ok? :) Love the little woodland scene,it's so cute. Great idea it will be fun seeing it take shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I've just started crochet too - but I'm not ready to take on a project on such a grand scale - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm infamous for trying to run before I can walk... hopefully this one won't trip me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I came across your blog via Blue Elephant Stitches... I loved your work on the little quilt! I am sure I have seen this crochet/quilt and pattern in a Better Homes and Garden's magazine, I fell in love too. Just gorgeous. Goodluck with this project! x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.