Wednesday 11 May 2011

Amy Butler Style Stitches Sew Along with Bree- Perfectly pleated clutch

Thank you for the response to Jess's post yesterday!! It's lovely to see such positive comments :)

So after missing out on last month's Amy Butler's Style Stitches Sew-along with Bree I've galvanised myself into action for May. This month it's the Perfectly Pleated Clutch.I'll confess upfront that I have totally cheated on this month's project. It's not so much a pleated clutch. In my defence a) I was on a tight deadline for mailing this to a teenage fashion fan and b) I didn't want to use up too much of this fabulous fabric on something for somebody else!!


This Tufted Tweets by Laurie Wisbrun was just perfect for a teenager who likes orange. I think it's quirky enough to put a smile on even the fussiest teenage face :)



I used red cotton from Ikea as the contrasting fabric and stuck to the Tufted Tweets for the internal pocket rather than adding in a third fabric.



OK so you can't really see much detail here but I'm sure you get the jist :)



This was a relatively quick project. It took me about 4 hours on and off to complete from cutting of pattern to finish. I did totally cheat by not doing the pleats though and I've promised myself to revisit this at a later date!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really like the fabric you chose, and don't think it would have turned out as nice if you had pleated it. I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this one of those posts that got eaten by the Blogger outage? I swear I saw (and commented on) this earlier this week! :)

    It looks great & I really like how it turned out without the pleating. It definitely works either way. I hope she likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is one of those posts! So annoying, let's hope it's back to normal now! Thanks for commenting again :)

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.