Sunday 11 September 2011

As we remember

Unless you live under a rock it's likely that you know today marks the tenth anniversary of a terrorist atrocity that has had lasting consequences for the whole world. The whole thing was just horrific and it was impossible not to feel moved by the enormity of what had happened! I remember the shock of that day and the fear I felt for my cousin and his wife, the newly-weds, as they had moved to New York the previous month. It was a very stressful time as there were no telecommunications for most of that day but thankfully they were fine! Ten years on so many more lives have been lost or changed beyond recognition because of that day. Just the other day one of my lovely bloggy friends lost someone very dear to her in Afghanistan. I'd love to see the end of the heartbreak that so many families, military and otherwise, have to experience every day. Maybe one day!

As I can't leave a post without a photo here's the final pay it forward mini cushion that I made while listening to memorial services. A cross/plus design with tufted tweets :)
Stay safe lovely people. Catch you soon x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely remembrance Reene. And your mini cushions are adorable. Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a post today on the anniversary but decided writing it was 'enough' I didn't need to share it as well. You are right it has changed the whole world not just America and touched so many lives.

    I LOVE your mini cushions. Too cool. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally with you x
    Sweet cushion x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.