Wednesday 11 April 2012

Generosity

I'll start today's post by saying hello to the numerous visitors that have been unexpectedly heading our way thanks to Quilting Board. I hope you'll find something here that'll make you come back :)
The generosity of our quilting community never ceases to amaze me! Today I received a package from the very lovely Claire of Patch Fabrics. Inside were all these gorgeous fabrics :) Claire very kindly donated these fabrics for Lynne's Siblings Together Quilt Project. The red solid is extra wide and I'll be backing the Pips quilt with it, so no pieced backing for me...hooray!
Claire also donated the grey/black fabrics for a teenage boy quilt which I'll be making on her behalf. I'm looking to forward to doing a striking design with these monochrome prints :)
I was so excited to be able to get on with the Pips quilt that I got carried away and didn't stop until the quilting was finished. Tomorrow I'm hoping to bind it ready for it's recipient. Here's a grim night-time shot of the quilting.
I promise that it looks much prettier in real life! So thanks to Claire's generosity another quilt is nearer to completion and another will be started and finished before too long, which means another two smiley children this Summer :) Catch you soon x

11 comments:

  1. Great work as always Reene! Look forward to seeing what you do with the monochrome prints :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Daisy Janie shades of grey... Well done for not sneaking those into stash and swapping them ;-) OMG I sound awful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll. Well done. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting looks lovely. Somebody is going to love that pips quilt. I am sure you'll do the grays justice. I can't wait to see what you do :) thank you for making another siblings quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those greys are so fabulous for a boy. You are sure to make someone very happy. And can't wait to see the Pips quilt finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The donated fabric is fabulous - so generous!! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. People are amazingly generous aren`t they? Looking forward to seeing both finishes!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.