Saturday 12 April 2014

There once was an ugly duckling...

...well. more of an ugly footstool really :) A bargain, £5 from one of our local charity shops. Everyone thought I'd lost the plot when I said this 80s monstrosity would be perfect.
I'm very happy to prove that it is perfect after all! My footstool is now a swan ;)
Melody Miller, Echino and Anna Maria Horner make for a very glamorous footstool. I'm so pleased to have finally sneaked some animal print into our front room :) The family are not so pleased but hey, I made it so they'll have to suck it up ;)
I've had most of the prints for a few years and have been waiting for the right project to break them out. This was it!
The finishing touch was this funky stud trim that I acquired from Ebay. I'm pretty much in love! Look it works :)
Catch you soon x

14 comments:

  1. well done it looks wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing footstool, probably the best I have ever seen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! It takes skill to see beyond the ugly to what it can be. What a great lesson for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant make-over! Love it! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have certainly done the old stool prod, very nice and your feet look so comfortable on it

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing. I love upcycling furniture

    ReplyDelete
  7. I blame you for the hour I spent trawling ebay this morning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your footstool Looks fantastic now - so great!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely comments read with glee everyday.